Monday, June 16, 2008

My first post

I am glad to be part of this world of blogging now. Dad calls it the "blogosphere," but whatever, eh? Whenever I say "eh" I feel like a true Canadian, not an immigrant from some faraway country or a factory or anything like that, eh, but a true north strong and free Canadian, eh? What do you think, eh? Mind you, sometimes, I'm not so into "eh", eh?

Sometimes, I want to sound my barbaric yawp (I listened to Dead Poets Society once; should watch it with Dad sometime). I want to climb up onto the desk, only the ceiling in this basement apartment is too low. So, better, from the rooftops of the world! Climb up on top of this building, up above the toppest floor, on the shingles, with nothing above me but the sky and cry aloud:

HEYA!

Heya is way better than "eh", my friends. "Eh" speaks of uncertainty. "What do you think, eh?" "Where are we going, eh?" "That's a big one, eh?" "So, you're a Viking, eh?" It turns statements into questions.

HEYA!

There are no questions here! I am a Viking! I am proud and tall! I shall sound this yawp far and wide with my strength! I shall brandish my axe and cry aloud!

HEYA!

No comments: